2018 1013 Around The Farm Updates
Did you know our beef shoulder roast makes a great Sunday dinner option as well as pulled beef for sandwiches, etc. They are on sale for $4.75 LB or a savings of $2 per pound.
Store Renovations: we are in the process of renovating our online store. Please excuse the clutter as we work through some of the details. Our objective is to have fewer clicks to communicate our principles, practices, products, etc. as well as have a "refreshing" look. I was at the processor Monday while they cut & packaged our latest beef and took new photos of the steaks. These have been posted.
We have started using Homestead Farm & Packaging in Lucedale, MS to process our beef. This change was precipitated because of issues at Attala with meat inspectors over facility concerns which caused us not to be able to get our beef there for processing. Thus, you will start seeing different labels as we rotate through inventory. After having the first 6-beef processed we are very pleased with Homestead's quality. I am sure you will be as well.
Possible NEW ITEMS - please give us your feedback if you have interest in any of the following new products. Feedback will determine if there is enough interest to move forward.
1) SEW HENS- Our stewing hens are truly an old-fashioned traditional favorite. These are older flavorful free-range hens that have lived a full life on pastures during the summers. Stewing hens are sought after for their superior nutrient value that comes at a lower cost. Stewing hens need to be cooked at a low heat for several hours before they will become tender. When cooked correctly, however, stewing hens yield delicious meat and rich, flavorful chicken stock. It will remind you of grandma's kitchen!
2) SMOKED SAUSAGE made with beef. Ingredients are beef, salt, red pepper, sage, sugar, black pepper
3) SMOKED ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE made with beef. Ingredients are beef, salt, spices (ground mustard, red & black pepper), dehydrated onion & garlic, corn syrup solids, sugar, parsley
5) SMOKED ITALIAN SAUSAGE made with beef. Ingredients are beef, salt, spices, (fennel, pepper, anise), paprika, MSG, guatamate, dextrose, garlic powder, natural spice extractives
6) SMOKED CHORIZO SAUSAGE made with beef. Ingredients are beef, salt, spices (red pepper, paprika, cumin, ground mustard), dextrose, sugar, garlic powder, natural extracts, citric acid.
Have you placed your October 17th order yet? Deadline closes Monday at midnight.
"I got my first fresh chickens from your farm earlier this month and want to let you know how impressed I was. I’ve only cooked one, but I am sure the others will be just as good. What really impressed me was how clean the bird was, inside and out, and the fact that there were no hidden globs of extra fat. In addition, when we cut into the chicken, there was no evidence internal bruises or bleeding (patches of blood infused meat). Best of all, the meat tasted clean. Thank you for a wonderful product." Theresa R.
Quote Worth Re-Quoting – “Cooking from scratch is the most important thing we could do as a family to improve our health and overall well being." ~Michael Pollan
As always, thank you for supporting our regenerative, local farm.
Ben & Beth
Copyright © 2018 Nature's Gourmet Farm, All rights reserved.
You joined this list by signing up on our website.
Our mailing address is:
Nature's Gourmet Farm
367 McKenzie Rd
Petal, MS 39465
Add us to your address book
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list