Delivery Charge Notice (can still be free)
Today is my day of the month to make the rounds in and around Jackson to greet customers with pasture-raised meats from our farm.
As you likely know, earlier this year we committed to making monthly, regular stops at more than a dozen locations around Mobile, Gulfport, Picayune, Jackson, Hattiesburg and more communities.
It's been well-received and customers appreciate the opportunity to see us on a regular schedule to get into the routine of restocking a variety of pasture-raised beef, chicken, pork and eggs.
To this point, I've never charged for delivery as I drive these hundred plus mile routes.
But, I've come to the determination that if we want our farm to continue to thrive, be sustainable and provide the level of quality product and service our customers deserve we will need to charge a small delivery fee only for the smaller orders we receive.
So, starting March 1st, orders of less than $99 placed for delivery to a pickup spot will incur a small $5.95 delivery/handling fee. We felt having a delivery fee was better than setting a minimum order amount that could prevent some families from ordering.
Just to be clear, orders of $99 or more WILL NOT be charged the $5.95 delivery fee.
Also, as always, there is no order minimum or fees of any kind for orders scheduled for pickup here at the farm.
I'm all about being transparent, so I want to share the few reasons why we've decided to implement this change:
(1) I've actually heard from many customers that before they started ordering from our farm, they ordered from other small family farms that are no longer in business. We have a VERY long-term vision and the investments we've made into our farm this past year (and before) that I've shared in previous newsletters support that.
(2) We occasionally receive orders for less than $10- 20 that need to be delivered more than 2 hours away. And, all things considered, the farm takes on a small loss on these types of orders.
(3) I wanted to find a simple way to reward our most loyal customers who routinely place their family's order for their monthly Nature's Gourment Farm delivery.
(4) Orders of $99 plus DO make up a high percentage of our current orders, so many customers will not be impacted in any way and will still enjoy ordering with no fees of any kind.
(5) It was important to me that the price we did have to charge for orders under $100 be reasonable, and I think we've accomplished that at $5.95 per order
We believe in what we do, and are so grateful for your continued support and being understanding of this change.
Until next time,
Owner, Nature's Gourmet Farm