Restock Dates: Please see our weekly newsletter for the latest updates

"Sheep Have Arrived at NGF"

May 26, 2022

Good Morning and hello from your farmer,

First, a bit of follow up from last weeks Newsletter titled "Is Grass-Fed Beef Healthier, More Nutritious"?

We had several customers respond how they liked the science behind the research. But, the comment that really caught my attention was from George - a really good customer on our 1st Saturday route. Here is what he said:

Ben,
"I believe your farm produce is as healthy as it gets. My blood analysis from February showed an "optimal" level of Omega 3 (EPA, DPA, DHA) fatty acids of 6.3%. The definition of "optimal" being greater than 5.5%. No need to eat fatty fish or take fish oil supplements.

My Omega 6/Omega 3 ratio was 4.9, well within the healthy range of 3.7 to 14.4. Most people eat way too much Omega 6, mainly from seed oils.

I get 95% of my food from your farm, mainly beef with some beef liver and eggs. The other 5% is celery (fiber) and coffee. A recent Coronary Artery Calcium Score showed my heart arteries to be nearly deposit free."

George, who is in his 70's, is all-in when it comes to what he eats and is one of the best examples I know of someone investing in their health through nutrition.

Science has its place! However, a testimony from customers like George goes a long way to prove the value of Healthy Soils = Healthy Plants = Healthy Animals EQUALS Healthy People... George, thank you for sharing your story.

OKAY
- Sheep have arrived at Nature's Gourmet Farm. A brief history for our new folks.

In 2021 we purchased lamb to sell from our website after several customers asked us to carry lamb. However, we find it difficult to not only find lamb, but to find quality lamb.

So, we made the decision to bring sheep onto our farm. After all, they are ruminants that graze grass as well as other forages the cows don't eat.

Beth & I discussed how best to execute this - more importantly, who was going to do this? Because, we both have our plates loaded with current activities.

Then, I was having a conversation with a long-time customer (Sean) who has helped me on the farm in the past as well as chicken processing. Sean mentioned that he would like to one day have a farm, but land was hard to find and expensive.

Bingo! So, we discussed the possibility of Sean buying a herd of sheep and caring for them on our farm. He would benefit from low upfront cost as he gained experience and by having a ready customer. And we would have access to "quality lamb" that we would purchase from him.

Sean dived in and started researching how to be a shepherd while also looking for a herd to purchase.

About a month ago he made a deal on a small herd of Dorper Sheep out from Waynesboro from a guy who was scaling back his farm due to age and health. He spent a lot of time with Sean helping with the sheep and learning how to care for them.

Then, Monday afternoon it was time for them to come to their new home. Click on the picture to watch a short video of them unloading.

The ewes are heavy breed - meaning Sean will have a lot of lambs soon. Of course, we will share pictures when they come.

Then, Tuesday morning we picked up the three breeding rams and three ram lambs. I purchased the lambs and dropped them off at Homestead for processing.

Many of you will be glad to know we should have lamb added to our website by this coming Wednesday. YEAH!!!

So, what do you think?

Importantly, have you made the commitment for a healthier you?

If not, and you are looking for premium ALL NATURAL GOODNESS of beef, pork, chicken, and eggs raised on pasture as God intended - without growth hormones, drugs, chemicals, and antibiotics - and raised humanely then you have come to the right farm. Our delivery schedule and product availability is listed below along with order buttons that will take you to our website where you can browse over 90 product choices and place your order from the convenience of your home. It's that simple!

Ben Simmons

Is Grass-Fed Beef Healthier, More Nutritious?

May 26th, 2022 Read more...

Good News & Bad News - CLARIFICATION

May 26th, 2022 Read more...

Good News & Bad News

May 26th, 2022 Read more...