Some Farm Updates
May 26, 2023
Last weeks article regarding the dangers of seed oil fat was well received based on the number of comments received (and only 1 person unsubscribed). In about a days time all the rendered tallow was sold out and the balance of tallow fat (yet to be rendered) was also sold out.
The good news is we cut & packed beef this week and have added more tallow fat to our store inventory.
Customer orders continue to be very strong. Last weeks delivery was among the highest for the Hattiesburg/Picayune Route and today's Jackson Metro Route most likely would have set a new record if we were not out of chicken for customers to buy.
How many folks know that we update the Product Availability in our weekly newsletter? And this week I also clarified our homepage banner to better direct prospective customers to our farm blog where they can also find product updates. If there is a better way to communicate this please let me know. Folks are busy and we don't want to waste anyone's time looking for when product will be restocked.
In case you are not aware there are a lot of folks moving to our area. A few states we have picked up customers from include MN, WA, OR, and CA. The couple from CA told Beth during pickup at our farm that every house on their street was for sale. Most of the folks were relocating to TX or FL. The couple would not tell their neighbors they were relocating to MS. These folks are use to eating more natural foods direct from farms vs. what is available in grocery stores. A big opportunity is for someone to raise non-chemical grown vegetables to meet the needs of more and more people.
I watched a new documentary recently titled "Leaving California". And, Friday Dr. Mercola's article titled "IF You Live in a Major US City, It's Probably Time To Move".
- The crimewave overtaking Chicago, Illinois, is a perfect example of the moral degradation happening in most metropolitan areas around the U.S. A person is shot every three hours and 41 minutes in “The Windy City.” This despite having some of the toughest gun control laws in the country
- Democrat-controlled cities and states are decriminalizing theft, looting and even violent crime and murder under the banner of fighting systemic racism and inequality. Yet the end result is always the same: More crime and rising lawlessness
- Brick and mortar stores are intentionally being pushed out of the big cities due to rising crime. It’s a consolidation program. The end goal is to transition to a traceable central bank digital currency and near-exclusive use of online shopping
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) is working to create tiny self-contained vertical cities where your every move is surveilled and countryside excursions are forbidden. To get there, they must destroy the old infrastructure and rebuild according to new specifications
- If you live in a big city — any major metropolitan area — consider moving to a smaller one, preferably in a less “woke” state where lawlessness is not openly embraced and accepted as some form of “equity” arrangement, as it’s only going to get worse from here
Here are the top 10 Cities and States Homeowners Are Fleeing based on Yahoo News January 22, 2023
Since the pandemic began, we’ve seen an unprecedented exodus from Blue cities across the U.S. The top 10 cities homeowners have been fleeing are:14
- 1. San Francisco
- 2. Los Angeles
- 3. New York City
- 4. Washington, D.C.
- 5. Boston
- 6. Chicago
- 7. Detroit
- 8. Denver
- 9. Seattle
- 10. Philadelphia
My point for mentioning this is there is a lot of opportunity for farms. And, we need many many more farmers to meet the growing demand. Do you know someone interested?
If you or someone you know is interested in Regenerative Farming - even growing your own garden without dependence on chemicals - I recommend two FREE resources. The first is Understanding Ag's Newsletter. The second would be Dr. Elaine Ingham and her Soil Food Web videos. Dr. Elaine and her staff have been recording a 4-part series each quarter about soil health movement and includes case study examples in Part 3. There is a lot of FREE information you just have to want to spend the time and effort to learn.
In closing, I want to leave you with this picture from Springtime on the Farm!
At Nature's Gourmet Farm, our intent is to create a community that will evolve around one of the most intrinsically important things of the ages, and that’s the provision of sustenance. That's our passion - to raise healthy food to nourish families and strengthen immune systems.
** Product Availability Update **
Chicken - Next harvest date is May 23rd with restock the following day. Starting in June our batch sizes will increase to meet demand. Processing will continue for twice per month for the balance of the year.
Eggs - Eggs have improved drastically. So, we have decided to put them on sale as follows:
Jumbo/ XL - buy 4 or more flats for $10 each. Save $5 each
Dozen - buy 4 or more cartons for $4.50 each. Save $1 each
Beef - Restocked May 19th. Next restock will be June 23rd.
Pork - Restocked April 28th. Bacon was added Monday, May 8th. We plan to restock again late June 2023
Lamb - Restocked April 28th. Next restock will not be until July timeframe.