What Is Your Food Freedom Vision
Good Morning and hello from the farm,
Last week our newsletter discussed what Food Freedom is NOT!
This week I would like to touch on my vision what Food Freedom is. Your comments are welcomed and appreciated.
First a short story about vision I heard about Walt Disney when he wanted to build Disneyland Orlando.
The story goes that he took possible investors out to a plot of land that was mostly cut over and swampy. His dilemma was how to convince them what the potential was for the land.
Disney knew if all they saw was the current condition then the investors would reject what he wanted to build.
So, he had to get them to visualize what Disneyland would look like when finished - basically Walt Disney "painted a picture" in the minds of the investors to convince them the project was worth it. Now, the rest is history!
First and foremost for both the farmer and consumer it is about having CHOICE! My vision would include:
- Our rural communities would be teaming with family farms
- farms would be large enough to support a husband & wife working together
- farms focus on regenerative practices that build soil carbon, grow healthy plants, and animals
- farms support each other * the sum is greater than the whole concept
- they grow food that feed people not confined animals, ethanol, and etc.
- the farms grow a diverse mix of things to feed people. It could be vegetables, fruits, meats, dairy, and etc. or any combination
- the farmers are ecological stewards of the land, animals, and water. Waste is eliminated
- farm products are sold into diverse marketing channels - typically with folks they have a long term relationship with
- My vision from a Consumers perspective would include:
- Eating healthy is important to my families physical, mental, and spiritual health.
- Our first priority is to support local family farms. The most nutrient dense foods come from regenerative farms
- We like to shop where we can buy a diverse mix of fresh farm products that are raised with the care of the soil, plants, and animals
- It is important to me to seek out and develop relationships with local farm families I can trust with my families food dollars
- In our family we believe the famous quote by Greek physician Hippocrates, “Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food”
- We enjoy the convenience of buying local farm fresh food from multiple channels that fit our needs
Did you notice that the farm and consumer vision is basically the same?
What is YOUR Food Freedom Vision?
Pam C. recently left this ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Google Review:
"Our bacon and sausage were wonderful! Ben and Beth were right there at our meeting place in West Mobile right on time. I can't wait to try more of the selection when it is available!"