Beef Roast, Rump
January 19, 2017 • 0 comments
- Servings: 4 - 6
(1) 2-3 pound Nature's Gourmet Farm Rump Roast
Aldens Miracle Blend Seasoning (or salt and pepper) (My Grandmother used red paper - my Dad's favorite)
(1) Package Dry Onion Soup Mix
(2) Tbsp Flour
(2) Cups Water
1. Thaw roast in refrigerator for 24 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Cut 8-10 small slits into the top of the roast being careful not to cut much of the netting. Season with Aldens Miracle Blend Seasoning (or salt and pepper).
4. Mix in a small bowl the 2 cups of water, 2 Tbsp flour, and 3/4 of the dry onion soup mix. Pour mixture into the bottom of Dutch oven or similar covered baking dish.
5. Place seasoned roast in Dutch oven cooking dish with the slit side up. Rub the remaining dry soup mix into the top of the roast.
6. Cover and bake for approximately 1.5 to 2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 145-150 degrees on a meat thermometer.
7. Remove roast from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice to serve off of a platter or shred for pulled beef sandwiches.