(1) 2-3 LB Nature's Gourmet Farm Pastured Pork Roast
(1) Can jellied cranberry sauce or chopped cranberry relish
(1/2) Cup brown sugar
(1/2) Cup cranberry juice or cocktail
(1) Tsp dry mustard
(1/4) Tsp cloves
(2) Tbsp cornstarch
(2) Tbsp cold water
(1/2) Cup chopped pecans, optional
Optional: Substitute (1) jar of apricot preserves and (1/2) Cup
water instead of the cranberry sauce and cranberry juice.
1. Place pork roast in crockpot.
2. In bowl mash cranberry sauce then stir in brown sugar, cranberry juice, mustard and cloves. Pour over roast
3. Cover and cook on medium/low setting for 5-7 hours or until tender.
4. Remove meat from crockpot and slice in thin slices and keep warm.
5. Skim off fat and measure 2 cups of juice remaining in the crockpot, adding water if necessary to make the 2 cups.
6. Pour juice and water in saucepan and bring to a boil.
7. Mix cornstarch and 2 Tbsp of water into a paste and stir into juices to make gravy.
8. Cook until thickened, stirring often. Add chopped pecans, if desired.
9. Serve gravy over sliced pork.
10. Roast can also be shredded instead of sliced and served on buns with your favorite BBQ sauce for a sweet and smokey combination.