Steak, Black Pepper Crusted
January 19, 2017 • 0 comments
(2 oz) Fresh truffles
(½) Cup extra-virgin olive oil
(1/4) Cup minced shallots
(1) Cup dry red wine
(2) Tbsp balsamic vinegar
(1) Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
Coarse kosher salt
(4) Nature's Gourmet Farm New York strip steaks (or your favorite steaks)
(3) Tbsp olive oil
(2) Tsp coarse kosher salt
(2) Tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1. Finely dice truffles.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add truffles and sauté about 1 minute. Place shallot mixture in small bowl.
4. Boil wine in a small saucepan until reduced to 2 tablespoons, or for about 10 minutes.
5. Add to shallot mixture. Whisk in the vinegar and thyme. Gradually add remaining oil.
6. Season vinaigrette to taste with coarse salt.
1. Brush 1 tbsp oil over both sides of steaks. Sprinkle with coarse salt and black pepper.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in each of 2 large skillets over high heat.
3. Add 2 steaks to each skillet and cook as desired.
4. Place steaks on plates and spoon vinaigrette over top.